Re: [TenTec] Corsair 560 alignment

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair 560 alignment
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 08:17:32 +0200
Yeh, EVERYTHING.
There are no shortcuts, Spencer.

The only way you can be sure that it is performing near specs is to align
everything., starting at the front end and working your way through the
radio.

It's quite easy if you have the right equipment for it.

Most often the cause of a poor sensitivity on those older rigs, especially
if it seems to different from band to band is, someone who didn't know what
they are doing (and didn't read the book) has mis-alligned the several
(all?) of the permeability tuned coils in the elevator.
To align that, you will need two signals, one at the bottom of the band and
one at the top.
You only need them one at a time, so it's even possible to use a QRP
transceiver with an A and B vfo.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

73
Rick, DJ0IP