Re: [TenTec] Digital modes with Omni VI

To: "John King" <k5pgw@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Digital modes with Omni VI
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 20:21:31 -0500
I used my Omni VI Plus extensively on PSK-31, AFSK and MCW. I used a pair of cables between the computer sound card and the back RCA connectors of the radio. I used MIXW2 and a couple of other programs. The Windows Sound Mixer was used to control the levels. The PTT function was handled by the Omni VI Plus VOX with VOX Hang set at minimum.

You will find that operating USB mode, depending on IF Filters, will require the PBT tuning to be carefully adjusted. The waterfall on the computer will guide you correctly.

Never tried VOIP with the Omni VI Plus.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "John King" <k5pgw@yahoo.com>