Re: [TenTec] OT: TS-990S review in absentia (cont'd)

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: TS-990S review in absentia (cont'd)
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:36:19 +0200
You'll need an add-on for your desktop!

I'm curious; why would you need a 200w rig?  To drive an amp?
There are already 300w transistorized amps on the market.  Why not just run
one of them at 200w?

Why should a P.S. be built in?  Or is it only for home use?  The chances of
interference are much greater if a switcher is built in.

Why must the AT be built in, if it is for home use?  In most radios, the
built-in tuner costs more and does less.

Unless there are good answers to all of these questions, that would make
half of the hams on the planet want one, it probably isn't going to happen.

I wish we would return to radios with big knobs and big analog S-meters.
I would like an Eagle twice its current size with two more filter slots.
Throw in band stacking register just for kicks.

73
Rick, DJ0IP