Re: [TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>, <paul.r.harker@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:31:06 -0400
I've seen the thread about hot versus not so hot soldering irons and will relate my experience in specific terms:

I use Weller soldering irons, they are blue and the tip can be replaced. I've used the 40 watt irons with a 'screwdriver tip' about 1/8 inch across. They were too hot for circuit board work (for me) but worked well on bigger solder lugs with big wires attached.

I prefer the 25 watt model Weller with a screwdriver tip 1/16 inch or slightly smaller for circuit board work.

These Weller things may be long gone from the market place, but watts is watts.

NOTE: Your mileage may vary.

73 and good luck,
Mike Hyder -N4NT-

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Harker" <paul.r.harker@gmail.com>