[TenTec] 160 M antenna

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 160 M antenna
From: John Farler <k4avx1@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:05:52 -0500
Yes, I think the Webster Bandspanner was probably the
first manual commercial "sliding selection" type of antenna.
I think we are talking about the same antenna, but
maybe not.  The spanner was slim and had a white
coil, not transparent.

But Swan electronics made one, too, and the coil was
bigger, and looked pretty sturdy.  Had the bands marked
on the large coil.

A friend of mine had one with a Swan 350 in his car.

I had a Bandspanner in good condition but traded it
a couple years ago, after I decided no more HF mobile
might add longevity.

73.
John, K4AVX

Message: 2