Re: [TenTec] (no subject)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:35:07 -0700
Thanks Barry. I had already had and enjoyed an OMNI V, but when I picked up the
TRITON IV and put it into service, I was blown away by how quiet the receiver
is. And, it's NB is far more effective than any of my so-called hi-tech rigs.
I'm hoping the Corsair receiver is as quiet as the TRITON's, and that the NB
works as well too. The NB on my TRITON drops an S9 powerline noise down to S3
without attenuating or distorting desired intelligible signals. It's one
handicap is limited selectivity in heavy QRM conditions, but I'm past my era of
"competitive" hamming and getting tangled up in toe-to-toe pursuit of rare DX.

Allen----W7GIF