Re: [TenTec] Corsair II UV EPROM failure

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II UV EPROM failure
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 20:33:01 -0700
Geoff,

Of course you're right, the UV is used only to erase the resident/existing
program on a UV PROM. I knew that, and what I intended to convey to Clayton was
that the PROM portion of the MC68705P3S is UV Erasable (not programmable),
rather than Electrically Erasable.
Replacing the term "programmable" with "PROM" in my original post reading " UV
programmable, rather that EE programmable", would have accomplished my original
intent, and accurately discriminated between the two subject methods used to
erase PROM programs for the purpose of establishing fixturization required to
"clean" PROMs before programming.

I like your "cheaper and easier" option. Volunteers?

Allen