Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:14:56 -0500
I guess it was a year ago I put in a DDS replacement for the PTO. Rock solid.
Dual VFOs, speed sensitive tuning, all kinds of goodies.

I took it out and the analog PTO back in.

Yep, it didn’t have the same feel. It (the DDS) made all kinds of noise when no
antenna was connected.

Sometimes, and this was one of them, older really is better

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never
sure.