Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: "R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW" <resluder@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:35:34 -0600
Yep and likely he had a bunch of external processing and EQ equipment as well.

I hate to say it folks but we are using a communication audio range which is typically comprising a frequency response between 200 Hz to 2500 Hz out of the entire audio spectrum That range is defined by the filter, be it hardware or DSP, that is part of the SSB generator.

Trying to cram wide band audio through a filter of this bandwidth is like trying to push a bumble bee through a drinking straw. Nothing nice is going to come out the other end. Just like I tell the kid in the band, it's easy to be loud, just buy another amp and crank it to the max. Now being good, well that takes skill, knowledge and talent.

Now lets try to get the best quality out of the 200 Hz to 2500 Hz spectrum of audio that's available. It is a lot more of a challenge than buying and using some external processing and EQ and broadcast type mikes.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW" <resluder@yahoo.com>