Re: [TenTec] Does this happen to you on transmit...OMNI V ??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Does this happen to you on transmit...OMNI V ??
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:58:26 -0500
On 2/24/2014 5:29 PM, Scott Shepard wrote:
I am going  thru a variety of projects presently and am now at the omni V ...it
seems on most bands above 80 m if I increase power to past 3/4 point the
display blanks out and it gets stuck in tx mode...as though swamped with RF...I
have the new chip 9.v2 ...I have to turn the rig off in order to reset the
controls...any ideas or similar experience?

As Carl has said, it sounds like RF.

What mode are you in when the problem occurs? SSB? What type of antenna do you have and what type of feedline are you using, coax or ladder line?

My Omni 6+ seems to be very prone to any RF in the shack...

Carter   K8VT