[TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:44:21 +0100
Yup, that was me... :-)

Though I never engraved my call sign on the back panel, I did always write
it on the bottom of every rig and even inside the box with permanent black
ink - for good reason.

TO UNDERSTAND WHY, SEE THE PICTURE ON THIS WEB PAGE:

http://www.dj0ip.de/my-expeditions/hb0csz-1988/

CQWW DX SSB 1988 in Liechtenstein:

This was just a small expedition.  One year later at LX7A we had 3x that
much equipment.

It makes it a lot easier to get your equipment back when your call is on the
box.

My Omni is in the middle of the stack, my home-brew matchbox in the bottom
left corner and my AL-80A is on the right bottom, sitting on top of
something else.  My Dentron MLA-2500 is in a sandwitch between two TL-922's
on the bottom left.

The first week of January every year (after the 2 big contests are over), we
have a big meeting near Munich.  Everyone brings along the stuff that they
took home by mistake.  That's usually just the small stuff like headphones
or mics that someone packed into the wrong box.

The only thing I ever lost after years of doing this, was about 50 PL barrel
connectors.  Seems everyone was losing those.  We suspect someone was eating
them.  I possibly lost my sanity, but that's another story!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP

(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)