Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 Main Receiver Issue

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 Main Receiver Issue
From: art N4UC <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:54:18 -0500
Thanks Bob, you are absolutely right. I guess I should have stated that my
first step in chasing this problem was going to be a thorough mate/demate and
cleaning of all connectors.
Having been in the business of designing cable harnesses for rocket ships for
40 years I agree with everything you say. Every now and then I see the same
problems occur in connectors that cost upwards of $5000.  I'm afraid that
connectors will remain a necessary evil until we at least learn how to
distribute power by RF instead of wires. So I think my choice of careers will
remain secure at least for one more generation!

Maybe it's time for someone to build a better mousetrap!

73, Art