Re: [TenTec] How much should an ORION-III cost?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How much should an ORION-III cost?
From: K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 19:52:11 -0400
Guys, I paid ~$4,300 for my new Orion II (with two optional filters) in 2009. It's just not reasonable to expect an O3 to be offered at the same price. (Yes, I know... bare-bones?, what options?, etc... but I'm envisioning a superbly-functioning radio worthy of the Orion name.)

I was going to suggest $6,000 as a probable minimum; checking over the thread I see Lee and Rick beat me to it. And don't anybody have a fit if (were there to be such a radio) it comes in higher.

--John K3GHH