Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII, Herc II, QSK

To: Discussion Equipment of Ten-Tec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII, Herc II, QSK
From: k6jek <k6jek@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:19:07 -0700
No, they don't work together in QSK and never did. To make them work, short D11
on the control board of the Hercules II.

Hours of sleuthing and puzzling over the QSK circuitry and consulting with my
friend Jeff (K6JCA) led to this conclusion. However, I could have learned this
with a 5 minute call to Ten-Tec Service which I finally made after all the
detective work.

Jon

PS: As long as we're on the subject of what Ten-Tec should build, how about a
Hercules III? The II is a sweet amp if you don't mind the one cubic foot, 58
pound power supply.