Re: [TenTec] Software / Firmware Upgrades

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Software / Firmware Upgrades
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 00:03:23 -0700
On 4/11/2014 3:21 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Tim, believe it or not, Wayne (chief technical architect of Elecraft) used
to hang out here on the Ten-Tec group back when the Orion first announced.

The really sharp guys try to learn from each other. They have open minds, and are always ready to accept new input (and evaluate it on the basis of proven science). That's why Wayne was here. I had a great conversation with him at the Visalia DX and Contesting Convention last week. And it's why the great jazz musicians always try to fill their bands with guys who are are as good or better than they are. Witness Miles hiring Trane and Bill Evans for one of the greatest bands of the 20th century. Wayne (N6KR), Eric (WA6HHQ) the engineer/owners of Elecraft, and Al Kahn (K4FW), who founded both ElectroVoice and Ten Tec, are three of my heroes.

Then there are the guys whose minds are like a steel trap -- rusted shut.

73, Jim K9YC