Re: [TenTec] Paragon II LSB/USB audio differences

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II LSB/USB audio differences
From: "Mark Kenward" <k8vf_mark@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 14:15:02 -0400
Pete, I am using the one which the manual refers to as LSB rtty receive.

There are 5 there.

One for FSK low
one for FSK high
LSB rtty receive
USB
CW or tune Transmit
(Bob advises that to adjust fsk low, you need to ground it, and put 5vdc on FSK
high jack(or the other way around-his message is below)

I dont have the rig or manual here right now, so I cannot tell you the
capacitor number, but it is a simple to get to adjustment. You just adjust the
proper cap per the manual with counter probe on coax 45, I think it is.

1-All I adjusted was the LSB receive
2-USB
3-CW or TUNE transmit.

Very touchy to adjust, and you need to do it several times.

I also adjusted PBT per the manual, and it was no problem.

(BTW, I used same counter on all 3 of my omni VI PLUS and no problems with any
of them, so I am confident the counter is correct within a cycle or two)

 (I also changed the 2.4 kHz filter (9mHz), but there was no difference.)

Thanks for any ideas.

K8VF