[TenTec] Hercules II and 9420 supply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II and 9420 supply
From: "Sam Bridges" <sbsagan@truvista.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 10:06:07 -0400
Hello Guys:
    I have an intermittent problem with the 9420 supply. Sometimes on power up
on the Hercules II the SCR in the 9420 will fire and the overdrive light on the
amp will come on and the amp will be latched out. Cycling the on/off switch on
the amp usually clears the latch. This is a recent problem that has just come
up but happens at my QTH freqently. I took the pair to a friend and it did
latch out once or twice enough to confirm that the voltage does drop due to the
SCR firing. It has been playing along fine this past week and my friend cannot
find anything wrong to fix. The amp is putting out 550 watts sometimes 600 so
the fault seems to be in the 9420 supply. But what??  Any thoughts will be good
to hear.
73 de KJ4ZM Sam
sbsagan@truvista.net