Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 19:16:58 -0400
Hello Carter,

Why not eliminate the balanced line near the house?

Install a 4:1 current balun on the balanced line well away from the house, and
connect from the balun to your tuner with 50 ohm coax. Bring it thru the wall
and have nothing radiating in the shack.

A line isolator can also be installed right before the Eagle.

I sit under a fan dipole and have no issues with 100 watts portable.

Naturally, a good single point ground with a short low impedance ground
connection is desirable, but I operate at the beach from the second floor
without it.

Leave the RF outside.

73,

Mike