Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle problem?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 21:43:15 -0700
I stopped by the Ten Tec booth today, and looked at both an Eagle and an Omni VII that were on display. I did not open them up, but it certainly appeared that most of the connectors appear to be mounted to the circuit board and in their enclosure such that the connector shells to not contact the chassis.

I then had a brief conversation with John Henry, pointing to him what looked very much like multiple Pin One Problems in these two radios, and that they were a likely cause of the RFI complaints currently being discussed on this reflector. He seemed to be paying attention. Because he was quite busy in the booth, I purposely kept our discussion brief.

73, Jim K9YC