[TenTec] Re "merger": color me puzzled

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re "merger": color me puzzled
From: John Rippey <w3uls73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 23:57:39 -0400
In my working life, long since past, I was a spectator at dozens of
mergers of banks and bank holding companies, all of which in the first
instance were accompanied by boiler-plate promises of how beneficial
the mergers would be. Not all were. The Wells Fargo-First Interstate
merger is one that comes to mind that created huge problems for Wells
before management got it all sorted out.

The opening sentence of the RF Concepts press release is not typical
of merger announcements, nor is the absence of any quote from the
Ten-Tec side typical. Usually both sides engage in glowing
self-congratulation.

The date of May 9 on the release is a puzzler. If the merger was
imminent, and details had been settled, why not schedule a presser at
Dayton, with both CEOs in attendance, thereby gaining maximum exposure
in the ham community? Judging by the information in the press release,
attendees were supposed to visit the two companies' stalls to find out
more. Not exactly an optimal way to spread the word. And why were the
stalls not combined?

Seedman is identified as chairman of RF Concepts. Is he also president
and CEO of the combined entities? Many questions, few answers. Sorry,
but as a Ten-Tec owner, it is hard for me to be optimistic about this
development.

73,

John, W3ULS