Re: [TenTec] The next flagship

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The next flagship
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 13:56:42 -0500
That's not too surprising.  When a new ham gets his ticket, and heads off
to the LRS to get gear, probably at an HRO, or AES and similar, what does
he see?  All the JA gear.  There is nothing else, and hasn't been in
decades at the big stores.  How many pages of YIK ads are in QST every
month, and how many ads for the stores which sell them.

It may be that the guys who work in those stores have Drake gear or TenTec
at home but their job is to sell YIKs.  Whatever the latest and greatest
is, that's what the latest and greatest they are going to talk up.

How long has it been since there was another US manufacturer in radio
stores?  30-35 years or more?

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen