[TenTec] RX-366 Filter Width Display

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RX-366 Filter Width Display
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 21:10:36 -0500
I have a question about how the display behaves on the O II when the RX-366 is installed with 2.4 kHz, 6 kHz , and 600 Hz Hz roofing filters installed. Everything works as it should, but the display has a slight, minor bug in it.

I have performed the RAM clear and full Master Rest sequence.

Basically, whenever I have selected either LSB or LCW (the CW mode I prefer because of my long experience with the TS-930S) as I decrease the BW, I never see the to filter BW bar get narrower than the 2.4 kHz width. It will expand to the 6 kHz width and shrink to 2.4 kHz, but not to 600 Hz. The same is true if I have LSB selected. for all other modes, it behaves as expected. If I switch modes from either LSB or LCW while in the narrowest roofing filter setting, a phantom red roofing filter line is left where the USB/UCW filter display had been. As soon as I increase the BW to greater than 2.4 kHZ, the phantom red line vanishes. If I leave the radio in the nawrrowest setting, when I turn it on, the roofing filter selection displays correctly, but once I increase the RX bandwidth beyond 600 Hz, the roofing filter display widens (as it should) but never shrinks again.

The filter I have in the 600 Hz slot is really the INRAD 500 Hz roofing filter, in case that makes a difference.

OS is 3.033xd, DSP is 2.11b410

Has anyone else seen this?

Kim N5OP