[TenTec] Ten Tec custom enclosures comment...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec custom enclosures comment...
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 14:49:30 -0400
I couldn't find the original thread, but here is my concern...  I own
several Ten Tec rigs, from VHF FM transceivers  to my HF rigs: a Paragon II
and an Omni VI.

I'd surmise that Ten Tec has always made the enclosures and provided the
metal working for their rigs, including the cabinets, injection molded
front panels, etc.  It would seem that the custom enclosures were an
efficient use of existing manufacturing equipment that supported their main
product lines.

If they need to give up the injection molding and machine shop stuff, who
is going to provide the enclosures for future ham equipment?  Is Alpha
taking over that aspect during manufacture?

Pete