Re: [TenTec] Let's talk "about" the radios: Scout

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Let's talk "about" the radios: Scout
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 23:20:24 +0200
Hey, that's great, Stuart.
That's how they used to build Tritons back in the 70s and I was hoping this
was still possible with the Scout.

I have been without a QRP rig since the stupid mistake of selling my
Argonaut 515 about 5 years ago.
I can't afford an Argo VI or KX3.
I really only need 40 and 20 CW, though it would be nice to have one that
also works SSB.

I got an opportunity to buy a Scout, "condition unknown", and sight unseen
for a low price and I jumped at it.
I haven't gotten it yet.
Worst that can happen is the finals are blown.
In that case I will just remove them and I'll have my QRP rig.
It has all of the hf band modules, except no WARC modules.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)