Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Ver3.033xd

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Ver3.033xd
From: Toby Pennington <w4cakk@centurylink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 22:11:25 -0400
This version allows the S meter to always register signals even when the RF gain is turned down. This is a feature I really liked. One major bug I reported to TT was that in CW mode when you are keying the rig in CW mode, and turning the AF gain up or down, creates loud noise bursts in the audio. The same is true when you are trying to adjust the sidetone volume, as you make the adjustment with the multi knob will create loud noise bursts. To put this in a simpler way, using the AF gain while keying in cw will produce noise bursts in your speaker. I went to 2.044A and it worked well for me. So, I just stayed there. Ten Tec could duplicate the issue, but I was told fixing it was not a priority at that time.

Toby K4NH