Re: [TenTec] Scout has vy low Pwr out on some bands

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout has vy low Pwr out on some bands
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 22:47:11 +0300
On 7/15/2014 10:36 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
PROGRESS!

I used a very pointed needle nose pliers to scrape a bit on the LPF pins of
the 40m module and immediately had full power.

So, "that's" the problem.

I will find a way to clean all of the modules pins.
Not yet sure how, but I will find something.

Normally I would say DeOxit and a cotton swab, but since you are in Germany, Cramolin. Make sure to put it on the swab sparingly, and use a dry one to remove it.

If it looks pitted or worn, get some Stabilant-22 to put on after cleaning it. DeOxit also sells simlar compounds, one for gold and one for other metals, but the Stabalint is the original and best.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ
Jerusalem Israel.