Re: [TenTec] ARRL Phase Noise Data Plotted to 1 MHz

To: "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARRL Phase Noise Data Plotted to 1 MHz
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:36:03 -0500
I've been thinking, too. A square wave has an infinite number I'd odd
harmonics, not all harmonics. Regardless, it's an excellent way to look at IMD,
far better than two tones.

What if we modulated the TX with pink noise? That really does have everything
in it. Make the pink noise much wider than the expected audio bandwidth.
Ideally, the spectrum should be limited to the TX filtered BW. Wouldn't this be
nearly the most severe test?

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith