[TenTec] TX Noise

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TX Noise
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:27:07 -0700
Several guys asked about why no SDRs were included, not realizing that the K3 and KX3 are SDRs with knobs. To address their interest, I've added the other three SDR transceivers that ARRL has tested to the plots. I've also corrected a labeling error on one of the plots, added a plot of phase noise for a 500 Hz bandwidth, and added some text. It's all still at k9yc.com/TXNoise.pdf I suspect that these plots will make it clear why contesters aren't thrilled with these radios.

By all means, before you consider one of the Flex radios, be sure to study this work by Leif Asbrink, SM5BSZ.

http://sm5bsz.com/dynrange/dubus313.pdf

73, Jim K9YC