Re: [TenTec] Why is Eagle #2 on order?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Why is Eagle #2 on order?
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 19:19:57 -0500
Jim,
        You're correct - the shipper is the one responsible for placing
claims for shipment problems.  A year or two back, there was a l-o-n-g
running discussion of the various shippers on the Unofficial Martin Guitar
Forum because, as you can imagine, trusting a high-dollar fragile instrument
to a shipper is often a mistake.  Bottom line, at that time, was that UPS
was denying a lot of claims, and then, despite what level of insurance you
had paid for, they were claiming that $400 was the max they would cover for
a shipped item.  Many of the folks then moved to USPS which (at the time -
don't know about now) had a much better record for both delivering without
incident, and for paying claims if there were problems.  As I said, this
data is a year or two old now, but I have used USPS or FedEx with good
results since then on all occasions.  The only time I veered was in shipping
my Orion a month or two back, when I paid way too much to have a UPS Store
pack and  ship it for me for the exact reason you mentioned.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com