Re: [TenTec] Tentec Jupiter and Heil Mics

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tentec Jupiter and Heil Mics
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 12:38:23 -0500
Yes, there is a hardware mike gain adjustment, R72, located on the Logic Board. If one finds that the DSP mike gain is not satisfactory, thus one requires more or less mike gain, then adjustment of R72 is required.

I would comment that the mike requirements for the Jupiter is 5 mV or -67dB. If the mike of choice does not meet these requirements then a different mike should be used. I do not see the need to use an external pre amp or equalizer with the radio and a proper mike.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>