Re: [TenTec] Eagle AT slow?

To: "Mike Stricker" <info4mjs@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle AT slow?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 21:17:20 -0500
As I stated earlier, the ATU for the Orion series and the Omni VII contains its own processor with only ATU duties to attend. Same for the AH-2. Otherwise, the ATU routine in the Eagle is handled by the processor in the radio, which has other housekeeping chores as well.

As to value, for one as myself that operates the Eagle mobile and also portable from the travel trailer, the internal ATU saves another piece of equipment plus cables and such to carry and configure. Yes it is a true value added item, in my opinion.

Plus by including the ATU in the radio as "standard" it increases the requirement for component quantities which lowers the cost to build and makes for one configuration for manufacturing as opposed to two. Again, this lowers the cost for manufacturing and reduces the likelihood of a configuration error. All winners, in my opinion.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Stricker via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>