Re: [TenTec] OT: Programming Cheap Chinese Handhelds

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Programming Cheap Chinese Handhelds
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 01:40:39 -0400

On 9/8/2014 12:52 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
James,

I know you guys are all genius, the rest of us are normal.

The main problem most people have (and don't even realize) is exactly what I
had.

I think the  sarcasm is out of place.

Sorry, but as you said, this IS not only off topic, but also very old news. EVERYONE knows about the bootleg chip SNAFU. PowerWerx,com published an explanation and work around on its web site maybe three years ago, and more recently removed it, because it as no longer timely.

I simply do not agree "most people don't even realize" this. Just cause you don't know it, you assume no one else does. This has been discussed on web pages for long time now, and, as the other member said, a moment's web search would have solved the problem for you in minutes.

Just MY take.