Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Corsair II buzz in ssb

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Corsair II buzz in ssb
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 00:30:25 +0000
Gus, I'm no expert but if you're able to troubleshoot with a schematic,
then you might want to rule out a problem in the Audio Processor board (mic
input circuit).  There should be a connection (carrying tx audio) between
the output of that board and input to the balanced modulator on the Double
Sideband Generator board.  I'd break that connection and see if that cuts
the power output when you push PTT.  The other thing to do is clean the
contacts on all the connectors, check the grounds on all the pcb's, and
check the wiring of the mic connector and rear panel audio input.

73/GL,
Barry N1EU