Re: [TenTec] Is the Scout becoming a cult item?

To: wb5jnc@centurytel.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Is the Scout becoming a cult item?
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:48:52 -0400
I cannot say why, but those Scouts are very popular.   I saw one
sell at a local swap meet last weekend for around $400 with
no modules.

--------------------------- JHR ---------------------------

On 9/20/2014 4:12 PM, Al Gulseth wrote:
I periodically scan some of the various ham classifieds and have noticed that
Scout prices seem to be higher than one would expect given the age of the
rig. As of this writing, there's one posted (_not_ on an auction site or link
to such) which is described as pristine. The seller is asking $500 shipped
including noise blanker, power cord, and manual copy. However, if I read it
right, _no_ band modules are included - they are available separately at $50
each. According to my math, if very many modules are purchased, that puts it
near the territory where the Argonaut VI was priced during the recent sale.

Is there something special I'm missing about the Scout? I owned one for a
while, and although it's a nice, compact, simple rig, I can't figure out how
one is worth nearly the price of a current new rig.

Sign me "puzzled"....

73, Al