Re: [TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS

To: <ARDUJENSKI@aol.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 13:24:08 -0500
Something doesn't seem correct with your failure experience.

I have power supplies and radios that have these as the original power switches. Many of these get turned on and off daily. I have also repaired may of the power supplies and radios of these brands/models and I can't recall the last time I had to replace a switch.

The switch in the Paragon II only handles a small amount of DC to switch a relay, where the major amount of DC current is handled by a power relay. Of course the switch in the 961 is switching 120 VAC unless you have it configured for 230 VAC. The latter might be of concern but I have no experience in this area.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>