[TenTec] Argo VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argo VI
From: jliving39@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:01:18 +0000 (UTC)
Guys,
     Can someone tell me how little output one can squeeze out of the Argo VI.
I ran my Argo V this weekend in the QRP contest at its low end of 1.5 watts and
worked all over US on 20 meters with a dipole.  Would like to run lower power
than 1.5 Watts and wonder if anyone has experimented with the Argo VI as far as
the low end goes. I know it is advertised at 1-10 Watts. The Argo V is a great
little rig and would have been really great with an RF gain control.  However,
you can hit the attenuator and back off the gain some which helps.  I do know
the Argo VI has an RF gain control which makes it very attractive.  Also, can
someone who has used both radios compare them.  Thanks, Jim, K4CFA  PS: Have
used the Argo V extensively mobile on 20 meters cw running full power of 20
watts with great results.  The RF gain control on the Argo VI is very seductive.