[TenTec] Orion II Problem

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II Problem
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:37:22 +0000
I am starting to believe my Orion II has developed a problem.  On the main
receiver I am hearing distorted, buzzing sounding signals that are well outside
the DSP and roofing filter bandwidth.  I am not hearing signals outside the
filter bandwidth on the RX-366 sub-receiver.  The problem is most notable on
160m but to some extent present on 80m.  I don't really notice it above 80m.  I
have tried a master reset which did not resolve the problem.

Do any of you have any immediate thoughts or does the rig need to visit
Sevierville?

Doug, W9PN
Janesville, WI