Re: [TenTec] OMNI-VI question

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI-VI question
From: "Charles Strickland" <wa4oss@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 18:38:29 -0400
Most of us today have test gear sitting in front of us that allows us to do
things that years ago was beyond our financial means.

If by chance you have your pc interfaced to your rig for received audio.  Use
one of the many free spectral analysis programs to view the 500 or 600 hz tones
from WWV while in the am mode.  With a narrow span identify the tone that you
choose, switch to either upper or lower sideband and rotate the tuning until
the tone is at the same position (frequency) as when in am mode.  Then using
the receiver frequency display you have the error amount.  Adjust the reference
oscillator until the tone is at the correct position or frequency on the
spectral display while in either upper or lower sideband and the receiver is
properly tune to WWV.  Use the highest frequency that you can receive WWV for
best resolution.  Be sure to keep track of which tone WWV is sending.

I have been able to get mine to within plus or minus 0.3 hz at 20 mhz with this
method.  That is when compared to my rubidium standard.