Re: [TenTec] Omni 7 hidden commands?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 7 hidden commands?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:13:07 -0500
The VFO LOCK feature in engaged by pressing and holding the MENU button. The red LED will be on when locked. See the manual, page 13 under "(20)MNU for more details.

While the manual says;
"TIP: The menu system can also be exited by pressing the MULTI encoder or any other transceiver button". I find this DOES NOT apply to version 1.036 firmware.

Yes, I know where there is a "basket full" of easter eggs.

73
Bob, K4TAX

DISCLOSURE:
All opinions expressed herein are solely those of K4TAX and do not reflect opinions, ideas, policy or practice of other persons or companies including Ten-Tec / R F Concepts.

This is to inform all persons I am a Ten-Tec Ambassador and I receive compensation according to the Ten-Tec Ambassador program. In addition, I serve as a volunteer beta test person to Ten-Tec for the Omni VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI radios. I am not an employee of Ten-Tec and hold no employment relationship, no financial or other interests, nor do I conduct any commercial business, direct or indirect, with Ten-Tec.

----- Original Message ----- From: "denton sprague" <denton@oregontrail.net>