Re: [TenTec] OMN VI must have a very quiet LO

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMN VI must have a very quiet LO
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 11:49:07 -0600
I tend to agree with Barry. The ATTN improves dynamic range while lowering RF Gain improves S/N ratio.

I'm amazed at many local ops, not in a contest or strong signal area, which run with the ATTN on and then raise the RF Gain to make up the loss.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>