Re: [TenTec] termination Z

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] termination Z
From: "g3ory@lineone.net" <g3ory@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 19:01:29 +0000 (GMT)
Paul,

If you are really stuck here you might be able to work backwards to
find out the answer. This only applies to ladder filters but there is
an excellent design program by G3UUR on the Warrington Radio  Club
website.  I assume you know the frequency of the crystals used. Guess
from measurements on similar crystals of the same frequency (or close),
the crystal parameters such as series C, series L and the parallel C of
the holder. Run the design program and it comes up with the values of
the capacitors needed plus the terminating resistance required.  If the
capacitors used by Ten Tec are close then you are onto a winner.

If the filter is not a ladder filter then all the above is rubbish!!!

Good luck

73 Bob

G3ORY

filters utilized in OMNI VI?

>I have some assorted filters from both if frequencies  I would like to
evaluate