Re: [TenTec] Contesting Now On 17 Meters?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Contesting Now On 17 Meters?
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:50:51 -0500
Reed,

There are no contests on 17 meters.

There are lids on 17 meters... and, sad to say, everywhere else... who get a
sadistic kick out of messing with other people.  Such as calling "CQ
CONTEST" out of the blue on top of someone, and that's what I suspect
happened here.

It may not even have been aimed at you.  There may have been a DX or Special
Event Station working split, whose receive frequency was very close to
you... and the lid was messing with the other station, not you.  (The
stations he "worked"?  Probably were working the other station, and never
heard him)

No harm, no foul.  Just understand that there are no contests on 17 meters,

73, ron w3wn