Re: [TenTec] 17 Meter Antenna

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 17 Meter Antenna
From: art N4UC <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 16:17:29 -0600
Rick, for many years we used a 40M DL dimensioned as you describe at our field
day 40 cw station and was always good for 800-1000 Q's on 40cw. We did not
however go to the trouble of using a matching section, just fed it with 50ohm
coax and used the internal tuner in the rig to clean everything up. After all
it IS field day! But it was a great antenna for the amount of materials and
real estate required. Since we never tried a dipole or inv vee at the same
height at the same time I can't speculate as to the difference in
effectiveness, all I can do is state the results.

73 - Art  N4UC