Re: [TenTec] I'm impressed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] I'm impressed
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 01:28:58 -0500
Way cool. You are fairly close to TT HQ -- in contrast, it cost me closer to $40 to ship an Omni VII from Michigan there. I am glad you don't have to pay as much!

I shipped my Centurion and tubes to TT HQ a month ago, and it cost over $70 ! Ouch. The repair bill was ... er... um...[hard swallow] reasonable... but expensive to ship and fix.

Turn-around was reasonable, not quite three weeks, but ... oops,... they forgot to return my tubes with the rig, so I waited several more days for them to arrive. The repair seems right, but they missed replacing one of the case screws. These are both things that can happen in any human operation, and TT was super apologetic about it - and promptly shipped the tubes once cued about it. So, I am feeling OK about the experience. Not a bad result considering the recent move to new digs. I am SURE they are still trying to settle in and get everything organized. I recently re-organized my shack, and that took me several days to complete, so I can imagine how complicated and time-consuming moving an entire business is - especially if you are trying to keep it open at the same time.

Happy days, Art.   I hope your repair is quick and cheap.