[TenTec] Eagle noisy.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle noisy.
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 08:45:16 -0500
I'm still getting used to this new Eagle and there's something not right.

About 2 hours into extended CW QSO the noise floor came up. At first I
thought is was local. S5-S7 making copy difficult. I disconnected the
antenna. It's still there at S5. All bands about the same. Slightly higher
on the signal strength indicator with the NB on than with it off. Also,
slightly noisier with the attenuator on.  Checked the power supply. Clean.
Tried a different one anyway. Noise still there.

Turned it off for half an hour. back on. Noise gone. Transmitted for about
ten min into dummy load. Noise did not return. There was also QSB but I
could not tell if atmospheric or in the radio.

Any known problems?

I really need to listen to another Eagle for comparison.

Thanks.

73,

-Bob
ah7i/w4