Re: [TenTec] Pan-adapter uses.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pan-adapter uses.
From: "Gary - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:45:23 -0600
I also use the SDR panadapter as a visual tuning reference; many operators like to tune stations in for a soprano voice and as a result they are 200 Hz to 400 Hz off frequency. Or they try to tune in a signal with a lot of highs and not much bass as a bass sounding operator. As a result they call off frequency with little success. I tune for a visual 200-300 Hz low end (audio) rolloff on the panadapter indicated passband on phone. On CW I tune to the CF of the indicated passband on CW (using my CW offset). It works for me, YMMV!

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M
-----Original Message----- From: Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP