[TenTec] Eagle 9MHz output

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz output
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 09:44:14 +0000
(I changed the subject again)

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP <Rick@dj0ip.de> wrote:

> The single connector mod is for running the 9 MHz out the back of the
> radio.
> Take a look at your if filter board.  Directly beside the Xtal filters you
> will find an unused TMP jack.
> This is the 9 MHz tap inside the newer Eagles.  If all you want is to run
> the 9 MHz out the back, connect your TMP cable to this jack and solder the
> other end to one of the RCA Phono Jacks.

This is the output I used (RX366, but essentially the same receiver)
connected to LP-PAN with internal LP-PAN preamp installed.  I found the
passband was not flat (12dB humps present) and signal levels were
compressed.  I imagine it's possible that an external Clifton Labs buffer
amp might fix the problems but I didn't try.

Has anybody else used this output successfully with LP-PAN?

Barry N1EU