Re: [TenTec] Antenna help

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Antenna help
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:17:14 -0500
Hi Rick,

Did you have the 1:1 near the radio or outside with a piece of coax in between? I run an extended Zepp, fed with ladder line, hooked directly to the balanced terminals on my 238B. The only band it gives me a little grief sometimes is when I am on 40 mtr running about 500 Watt with a Heathkit SB-200. It makes the phone ring, which is an electronic beast hi..hi. The regular Bell phone does not have that problem. I never took the time to play with the feed line length and if/when I do, it will have to wait till summer.

73, and Happy New Year, Tony VE3DWI.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>

snip>
At this point I will throw in a plug for Ten-Tec.
With my Model 238B and an external 1:1 current balun, I have been able to
match all sorts of openwire antenna systems, though I often must add the
external capacitor on the back. However I run just 600w these days. If you run legal power, you will need to replace the high voltage capacitors in the
238.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)