[TenTec] INRAD 763

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD 763
From: Michael Marx <sndtubes@vacuumtubes.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 13:19:12 -0600
Howdy and HNY to the Group

I have a chance to buy an Omni VI Option 3 which is full of INRAD filters.  It
also includes the INRAD 600 Hz ROOFING FILTER model 763.  This is an outboard
filter that is ahead of the 9 MHz filters (N1 & N2).  I was wondering what
thoughts you guys had about this roofing filter.  It sounds good “on paper” but
a while ago I talked to Paul Clinton at Ten Tec and mentioned this filter to
him.  He acted like Dracula confronted with direct sunlight.  He said that
TenTec would not work on radios with this filter installed because the center
frequency of the filter was not right and threw the whole alignment of the
radio off.    What say you guys?

Also, on a side note, I ended up with the same roofing filter kit but is model
764 2.4 KHz for SSB.  I didn’t install it because it is for SSB and I’m
primarily interested in CW.  So if anyone is interested you can send me an
email off list.

73

Mike WB0SND