Re: [TenTec] FS: Orion 565

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: Orion 565
From: "Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]" <peter@frenning.dk>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 21:56:27 +0100
Den 24-01-2015 kl. 21:44 skrev Paul A. Ramey:
I have a Orion 565 that is full of filters, 250, 500 and 1.8. It has a auto tuner and a 705 desk mic. It is loaded with the latest software and TT replaced the battery about 2 months ago.

It has an intermittent problem!!! main vfo stops RXing and just white noise and will not TX. The sub RX still works when this happens.

The radio has been reset many times and no change. The fix is turn the radio off and come back in about an hour and it will work fine again. could be a few days or few hours before it fails again. this is a very CLEAN radio. I have the factory shipping box for it and manuals.
I am selling it AS IS, PARTS RADIO.  I am asking $1000.00 plus shipping

I plan to order a new Omni VII on Monday

Paul, WG0G
wg0g@arrl.net
612-747-1244

I would refurbish or replace the A9 power distribution board, this sounds very much like the ubiquitous faded electrolytic problem. I certainly wouldn't trade away my precious Orion for an (compared to the Orion) inferior Omni VII

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** If it sounds too good to be true --  **
** it is!                               **
** If it sounds about right -- make     **
** sure you can afford to be wrong!     **
**                                      **
**           -- Robert Heinlein:        **
**           "Time enough for love"     **
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239/ +45 2332 9464
Snailmail: